Sunday, January 28, 2007

Cruising Delhi one more time

Wow, am I tired. I hit everyplace I hadn't before and saw some things twice. It was still fun though. Started off incredibly foggy and there were some major accidents on the way out. Was a bit chilly too although it heated up as the day went on. In fact, I was sweating pretty good by mid-day.

I had to take a couple of new American dudes from work down to Red Fort and Chandi Chowk. I walked it this time and saw more stuff. It was funny because one of teh dudes smokes and got chewed out by an indian woman for smoking in the markets. We had a snath in Paratha Gali, which means street of teh Paranthas. Paranthas are a fried bread you each with curry. It was a tight squeeze but the food was good. We also went to Jantar Mantar, a set of HUGe astronomical instruments built into the ground. Check out the pics to see just how big. The sundial is accurate to 20 seconds. I checked it. From there we went back to India gate and I could finally get close enough to see its also a memorial to the fallen soldiers from all the wars. After that we went to an outdoor market. It was crazy with people and hawkers shoving stuff into your face. I've learned enough Hindi to tell them to take a hike and it seemed to work. A little language goes a long way. Finally we went to Humayun's Tomb. Its pretty dang impressive and 64 people are buried with him. He was the G gandson of Genghis Kahn. Pretty cool. The pics do it great justice nad I have pics of the plaques to show what I don't type here.

Finally we had dinner at Connaught Place, or CP for short and headed back. I finally go to sleep at midnight and had to get up at 5am for the next days trip



click to see all pics

No comments: