Saturday, January 20, 2007

A trip to see the Taj Mahal

I had a wonderful trip today. Went to Agra to see the city and the Taj Mahal. It really is as beautiful as the pictures yousee. No wonder its one of the 7 wonders. It was also not too crowded since we got there relatively early. I took some great pics, some even with me in it. Click on the pics to see them all.



I also went to Mathura to see one of the oldest temples dedicated to Vinshnu still in operations. I couldn't take any pics but needless to say, it was very cool. I also went to a Hare Krishna temple. That was weird! The Shiva temple was less weird than that. I do give the locals this. They truly believe and practice their religion. There is a definite feeling of spirituality here.

I also hit the Agra Red Fort. It was pretty cool and has a bit of history. Its across the river from the Taj and Shah Jahan built his private apts, and his daughters with a special tower where he could look out upon his dearly departed wife. This last line was censored by Cristy.

Slept during much of the drive, it about 3 hours from Delhi. I am hoping to go to Jaipur this weekend. Its supposed to be very cool and have killer shopping. I'll keep all of you mugs informed

No comments: