Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Straight out of Noida

No pics this time but some thoughts and observations. In the past couple of days I have had some great experiences. I was invited to the home of a very nice person for a typical Indian lunch. It was fantastic. Besides loving the food, I had the most interesting dessert. It was shredded carrots cooked in milk, I think, with sugar and spices added to boot. It was great. Sweet enough to satisfy the best sweet tooth and yet mildly healthy...It was just carrots. Their house was really nice and very well decorated albeit a little small. Regardless, it was great.

One very odd thing is the pervasiveness of livestock on the roads. Coming back from work to the apt last night there were 2 donkeys cruising down the left lane on the highway. A 3 lane on each side highway. There is also 2 cows the cruise the road in front of the bldg. Its weird but, considering the local beliefs, understandable. Still, I see monkeys.

This weekend I am going to Agra. This should be a great trip since I really want to see the Taj Mahal. There are other really cool sites as well that I think would be quite interesting. I'll take plenty of pics and post all I have. I am considering a trip to Jaipur next weekend to check things out. I'll have to take a Bus or Train to get there and stay in a hotel but it should be good fun. I hear Jaipur is incredible. Will keep all informed.

Lastly, I had a great conversation with a Hindu Monk. We talked for a couple of hours and it was quite enlightening. Clarified a lot of my misconceptions about Hinduism and validated my belief that at the core, all ancient religions are really the same.

Well, back to work. I will post again soon.

No comments: